Sunday, August 27, 2006

My jacket 2 ways


I was looking through my closet one evening last week and wanted to wear my Jak and Rae jacket the next day to work. I started trying on different options. I wanted to keep the theme of a nice jacket with a simple v-neck T. I love the look. It's comfy and it looks good. I was so surprised of the outcome that I decided to document the results with the pics attached. Both outfits are slimming for me and all the pieces that I am wearing are basics that I can use all year round. They are "must haves" in any wardrobe.
The Basics here are...

1. Black and white tee,
2. A straight leg dark wash pair of jeans,
3. black and white heels ,
4. A pencil skirt.
5. A jacket in a neutral color that is cut properly. This means that the jacket comes in at the waist and has pleats to give your chest room.
The jacket looks more formal without the belt. But looks beautiful either way. All the items shown in the pictures can be bought at very affordable prices. The bulk of the money should be spent on the skirt and the jacket. The quality and cut of the jacket will set the mood for the outfit.

By the way... I decided on the jacket with the white top and shoes with jeans, since it's Summer in New York I thought that the white accented outfit gave me more of a summer airy feel.

ENID P. "Dare to Dream"

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is funny, I like the one with the skirt much better. I guess they're both amzing in they're own way. I find the skirt more slimming if that's what you're going for, but you my dear you do not need to search for slimmimg clothes you are beatifully slim, the way you are.

Unknown said...

By the way I really like your blog so i'm going to show a link to it on mine, maybe you'll do the same?

Emily said...

Great blog! I love fashion, and my fashion mags (Bazaar, Lucky, Allure, etc.) I can't wait to start wearing some of my more fasionable clothes once I lose a little more baby weight.... I'm bookmarking your blog - thanks!

ENID P. said...

Ms. Stylesse... Thank you I wore the white outfit to work last week.

Marissa... Thank you so much... Please link through the bloglinker on my site.

Emily & Ella... I love those fashion magazines also...Thank you for bookmarking me...

ENID P.

Anonymous said...

all the clothes looks nice on you...where would I go to get a similar jacket? i love it...

giovanna

Lady Apple said...

love the jacket with the jeans! very chic! but it looks great both ways...

Margarite Elaine said...

I'm luv'n the jacket with the white blouse. It's looks gorgeous. I'm pretty sure that you ignited some office gossip with that hot number :).

Anonymous said...

u look great in both pics - whichever way u wanna wear it!
nath

Mummerina said...

I liked it best with a black top underneath...but it seems to be a very verstile jacket and looks great either way

Anonymous said...

I love the jacket with the pencil skirt. What kind of jewelry would you where with the outfit?