Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Picking at and from the Gap...

About three years ago, I loved the Gap, and loved their sales and made sure to visit the Gap at very least every week. Mainly due to my experience, which was that if I ever bought anything full price it would go on sale the next week...Guaranteed!!. To avoid all of this aggravation of getting a price adjustment, I would wait until everything would go on sale...
But, like I said this was about 3 years ago, and as time goes on, less and less I visit the Gap and it's no mystery that in my opinion they have repeatedly missed the mark. I'm not sure what the story is behind this ...

This Fall the Gap Inc. decided to pump in more money into advertisement with the belief that more advertisement will equal to more sales. They got that one wrong. The problem begins at the clothing selection... If we take a look at the SJP ads... Yes!! The ads are stupendous, but look are the clothes. They are beautiful clothes, with awesome color schemes(I Love Pink!!), nice silhouettes, kool accessories, and all with an edge....


Now, I want you to take a look at the Fall ad...I have no idea what the Gap was thinking... But, spending more money on this ad with this really bad clothing selection to display to the world is not what is going to increase sales. You need a combination of both, good advertisements and great clothes.....

Anyhow, until then, my top picks from the Gap are all here. They call it the Cotton Cashmere collection, I love the slouchy look of all the tops especially the v-neck, and the layering looks so very chic. I have been dying for an affordable extra long cardigan to wear with a nice black fabulous pencil skirt...




ENID P. "Dare to Dream"

No comments: