Friday, January 19, 2007

Reaching for the Stars


I have never considered myself to be a dreamer. I have always felt like I am a tough, practical, fun type of person that loves fashion and enjoys life, laughing and being quirky. But ever since I fell in love with fashion I have been dreaming. In my dreams the possibilities truly have no end....
The very first day I moved into my brand new apartment with my wonderful boyfriend (in the year 2002) I sat on our desk and used our computer (emphasis on OUR) went to MS Word and in the largest font possible typed the following, "Dare to Dream". This 8" x 11" piece of paper was placed on a wall in our bedroom never to be removed; understanding my funkiness my boyfriend didn't ask a thing. However, family and friends came and went all asking questions about the famous sign.
I don't have an answer on this sign as of yet.....Only in the deepest section of my heart I know exactly what the piece of paper represents. However, I can not formulate the feelings into words. I can tell you that only when I "Dare to Dream" the world opens up to me, because in my dreams I can reach for the stars and the stars are held by me.
This is as close as I can get to explaining my obsession with stars...

With this thought I hope you can understand why I just had to buy this
Tiffany necklace...

ENID P. "Dare to Dream"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Enid I see you are a dreamer...if you haven't read it, you should read the Alchemist is book that helps you believe and follow your dreams...I think the best part of life is to dream and follow them...I think you are an alchemist. take care

wendy said...

this was a great entry... dreams are what makes our lives exciting and our days worth looking forward to, and the necklace is hot!

Lady Apple said...

That necklace is gorgeous!!! But even more I love that it actually means something to you! I think that is the best kind of jewelry...when you look at it and makes you think of something that is important to you.

Shopaholic D said...

I like stars too! There are so many good ideas associated with them - "reach for the stars" - "rock star" - "shooting star" - so many inspirational ideas/quotes and more...it's a great symbol, and this necklace is awesome! I've been wanting a tiffany's for awhile too...maybe i'll get a treat this year? hmmm

:) D