Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Gap-I think they read my blog

A glimmer of hope is within me.
I don't think The Gap is at the brink of greatness but this is definitely a humble beginning. Yesterday I received some news from The Gap and I asked myself; Did The Gap read my blog posting? I think that's just wishful thinking, but you never know because I did give some good advice...

My solutions were the following (with updates),

1.Hire new Leadership-Not heard of anything.
2.Feature a designer-Featured 3 designers.
3.New ad campaign-Accomplished for Spring 2007.
4.Cut costs-Not heard of anything.

So they aren't doing bad, because they followed 2 out of my 4 suggestions.
The Gap chose emerging designers Doo.Ri, Rodarte, and Thakoon to redesign The Gap's iconic white shirt.
The window displays and the ad campaigns are very spring, fun, girly, and modern with a clean fresh outlook.
Take note because the best part is that The Gap has created a demand for their product. These are limited edition items, with perfect price points $68-$88.

Do I have to tell you where I will be today after 5pm?

ENID P. "Dare to Dream"

1 comment:

Grace said...

See, this is why blogs are the New Media. They're the voice of the people! Keep posting and maybe The Gap will come around to all 4 points.