Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tracy Reese...brilliant!!

So now that Fashion Week in New York is over, I feel like I can have an educated talk about the various designs under the Bryant Park tents. I have to talk about Tracy Reese. First of all, I have to hit myself on the head because I had the opportunity to meet Tracy Reese at one of the races in New York, the Mini 10K-Circle of Friends, where she and her staff were walkers. At the beginning of the race, I was right next to them but I was too shy to say anything, and to tell you the truth I really couldn't think of anything non-cliche to say. My mom always told me..."if you don't have anything smart to say then don't say anything at all"...that piece of advice has stuck with me until today.
Last week, I saw Tracy Reese's Spring 2007 line and I loved the bright colors and the girly silhouettes. Everything is very flowy. She gets all my respect from somewhere else though...She had salsa dancers coming down the runway and that to me is a brilliant idea. What better way to make someone want your dress, but to show your audience how beautiful your dress flows on a full figured women as she turns (not just walks) and does the salsa. The dress takes on life and that to me is real art that you can wear down the runway and on the street.
I think next time I see Tracy Reese, I will have something smart to say....
ENID P. "Dare to Dream"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the glam link love! join us over in glamspace! I think you would like it.
D - aka glam community gal

Anonymous said...

Did you go to her show?

Anonymous said...

Salsa dancers! What a brillant idea! I'm so sad that I missed Fashion Week this but I'll be there come hell or high water next year.

BLEU 12 said...

New daily Shave up. You might learn something new

ENID P. said...

Musikscaster- I did not go to the show. I review all the collections on the runway via glam.com. The show is by invitation only. I have not been invited as of yet...

Bleu 12-I love your blog... you are a genius.. I will leave comments so you know its me...

Deb- I will check out the glamspace.

ENID P.

Lady Apple said...

wow...all i noticed about the orange dress was the size of the girl's thighs...
that black and white dress thing is gorgeous!