Friday, March 30, 2007

Vacation Question #101

THE QUESTION:
Hey, Style Diva!

I just wanted to ask you something. I am going on vacation with my boyfriend in 3-4 days from today (yess!) :D and every time I think about what to wear, I draw a blank. I am tall, slim, with a good, boyish figure and long, black hair..my color is kinda fair..but i dunno what to wear.

Please advise .. thank you sooo much...N (from India)

THE ANSWER:
Hello N (from India),

As soon as I got your email I had an idea on what to recommend. The one item that you MUST have before you go on vacation is a cotton empire waist dress. In essence, it will balance your figure out by cinching you at the upper torso (the smallest part of your body) and the rest will be flowing away from the body. The best part of the cotton empire waist is that you can dress it up or down with your accessories. Wear the dress with metallic flats for the day and for the night time wear the dress with peep toe wedges or platform heels, and don't forget to pack a clutch, it will come in handy.




I also thought out a second outfit that is on the funky-creative side. I have included my utmost favorite capri jeans (I bought these and adore them) and I like wearing them with any drapey top.


FYI....I know this green dress is not empire waist but I couldn't help it. I love this dress and color is superb.

Hope this helps and don't forget to take pictures...take care and have fun on your vacation.

ENID P. "Dare to Dream"



NOTE: These pictures have been taken from revolveclothing.com, jcrew.com, oldnavy.com. and urbanoutfitters.com.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey.. thankuu
truly beautiful:)
will let u know what i buy.. n if possible, will send u some pics too.. :)
thanks again..
- N (from India)

wendy said...

i love your pics for the empire waist dresses, theyre perfect for vacations.. soo casually summery, but also great for dressing up with sandals!

alexgirl said...

I love pink dress. So much fun! and can be dressed up or down--my favorite kind of outfit.
Great site, btw!
-Alex

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you think that a medium size women(Chest) will look good with these dresses and tops.

Foto-Nath said...

I am also going to vacation with my boyfriend and have been struggling with my suitcase. This posting has helped me alot: the pictures and store listings is the best! Thanks!

ENID P. said...

Anonymous-Yes, a medium sized chect women would definitely be able to wear these dresses. All you will need is a cami underneath.

ENID P.