Monday, April 02, 2007

My Little Black Dress obsession

Ahhhhhh!!!!......I have been dreaming of little black dresses. I feel like I see them everywhere (billboards, magazines, stores, commercials, TV shows, etc...).

I am dreaming of owning this very different silhouette by Diane Von Furstenberg. I always thought that the first thing that I would buy from DVF would be a classic wrap dress.
But, I'm not so sure anymore since I literally can't stop thinking about this dress. I want to go to SAKS and try it on before I make any sudden purchases. I feel like there is a 50/50 chance of success/failure (no gray area or in betweens).
However, on my many internet searches I found these 2 other dresses that I also like very much.

What is a fashionista to do?
Try on all dresses, run the risk of loving them all, and buying them all.
Try on all the dresses and buy only one dress (no exceptions or excuses).
Do nothing, buy nothing, stop thinking about it and ignore the feelings.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

The objective side of my brain reassures me that I don't need anything, while my creative side tells me to buy everything.

ENID P. "Dreaming..."of Little Black Dresses...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The DVF dress is THE ONE! The balloon effect of the dress with the high bust line and taper will elongate your body, giving you a slim look. The wide straps add another level of comfort and ease, there will be no worrying about bra straps showing or an ineffective strapless bra. The Ann Taylor Loft dress is also nice. I feel that lace and ruffles are great for summer-wear because they minimize the need for ironing. The perfect packing dress!!! The halter and modest-V are also nice. It’s wonderful to show some skin during the summer months, of course in a moderate fashion.

Anonymous said...

I'd def go for the last, Ann Taylor Loft dress. I think the DVF looks fine in the pic, but it's more a fashion-dress than a style-dress, IMO. I think the 3rd would be most flattering on, too. I-S-F

http://international-style-and-fashion.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

like the Ann Taylor dress. I'm looking to replace my favorite little black dress and this helped. I also found this site where they will make a card from the fabric of your favorite dress, my little black dress may live on...

www.remanents.com

Anonymous said...

like the Ann Taylor dress. I'm looking to replace my favorite little black dress and this helped. I also found this site where they will make a card from the fabric of your favorite dress, my little black dress may live on...

www.remanents.com