Thursday, July 27, 2006

Back to School...

So now the time has come to confess, some of you already know, and some of you may not know... As I live life and the days go by, I learn about myself and realize that I need to learn new things. Things that I can not teach myself, with that came the idea of going back to school. Yup...and honestly I thought this day would never come....

BUT, before I launched myself into any program, I decided to test if my instincts were correct.

I did some research for schools in the NYC area, since I need to work while I am in school. I looked into FIT and Parsons. The programs that Parsons offers are targeted at designers. FIT however has exactly what I need. FIT has a Global Fashion Management program. The length of the program is 18 months and I get to go to Paris and Hong Kong for two weeks each. I'm ecstatic. The program for me would begin September of 2007. I have to take the GRE to apply for the program.

My Second Step: I took a class in the Fashion Merchandising Management ...called Intro to the Fashion Industry-the class gives a broad view of the different functions of manufacturers, designers, and retailers and how the industry is classified and divided. Well, needless to say that I loved it. I am still waiting on my grade for the class.... But I haD an awesome instructor with lots of real life experience to bring to the table...

Where am I now in the process? I am taking a GRE class so that my score in the GRE is an attractive one that will appeal to the graduate acceptance commitee. The class ends on August 19th. It is on Saturdays from 10am to 5pm. My GRE test date is August 22nd, 2006... and I am focusing on this test and on this test only, at the moment.....

I will keep everyone updated...

ENID P. "Dare to Dream"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome that you are following your dream and are going back to school to pursue your true passion. You also realized having a good sense of style is not enough and that you need some sort of formal education. Sounds like you did a good amount of research and preparation, so nothing should stop you now!! Good Luck with the GRE.